If you suffer from dry and excessively damaged hair, you’re going to love L’Oréal Paris Hair Expertise‘s newest product collection: Total Repair 5. The collection is made up of shampoo and conditioner ($5.99 each) and 3 different treatments ($6.99 each). Personally, I am addicted to the Leave-In Repairing Detangling Spray. It intensely hydrates my hair and leaves it feeling silky soft and smooth.
The Detangling Spray (pictured above in centre) is designed to visibly reduce breakage and repair damage caused by dyes, the elements and heated styling tools. I have been using it every time I wash my hair and it’s made my hair softer and my split ends less noticeable.
Depending on the extent of damage, you can also opt for the Night Elixir. You can apply this product to dry hair and by morning, you can expect to see incredibly soft hair. If you have colour-treated or very dry hair, I recommend using this product every night.
One of my favourites in this collection is the Repairing Mask. As I always say, a hair mask once a week is the best way to achieve healthy locks. It’s all about choosing the one that’s right for your hair type. If yours is damaged and dry, this mask will do the trick. It deeply penetrates the hair follicles to create lasting moisture from the inside out. It’s especially good for brittle hair.
The new Total Repair 5 Collection is hitting pharmacies this month so keep your eyes peeled for it. Luscious hair is only a pharmacy-visit away.
PRO TIPS FROM ERIC DEL MONACO
The Official Hair Artist and Colorist for L’Oréal Paris
Has a few insider treatment tips for you:
1. Squeeze excess water from hair before applying treatment.
2. Run a wide-toothed comb through hair after applying treatment for even distribution and to de-tangle hair.
3. Apply treatment an inch away from the scalp.
4. For optimum conditioning, slip on a shower cap for 5-10 minutes so that the treatment formula can penetrate into hair.
5. After applying treatment, come out of the shower and blow dry hair to open up the air cuticle and allow for intense conditioning of the hair.
Become a fan on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter!